I was a little bitter about not having off work on President’s Day. The daycare was closed, and it just felt like all of my friends had off that day. However, I now have two, three-day weekends in a row so I guess that more than makes up for it. I work at a university and this week is spring break. While students have the whole week off, administrative offices are open Tue, Wed, Thu. Still, I’ll take what I can get. It was a relaxing and productive weekend.
- Tim had class, so Adelaide and I had coffee with a my girlfriend Kendra and her pup Mabel. It was warm enough for us to sit outside, and I got a little exercise by pushing Adelaide in the stroller and walking there. I love that I can walk to several coffee shops in my neighborhood.
- Quick run to Target
- Pizza for dinner
- Watched the movie Drive – very violent, but entertaining
- Finished knitting Adelaide’s mittens even though it’s March and winter is basically over.
- Brunch at Chhaya with our friend Serena who although lives in Philly, had not yet met Adelaide.
- At-home photo shoot for Adelaide’s 7-month pictures
- Tim had to work for a few hours, and I had already signed up for the Quilting Circle at Spool, so Tim’s brother and his wife graciously came over to hangout with Ada. (Thanks guys!) The quilt I started in a intro quilting class nearly a year ago is almost finished! It’s been sitting in my basement just waiting for me to finish the border. I can’t wait to be completely done (and post photos), and it’s guaranteed I wouldn’t have made as much progress without the open quilting hours with the experts at Spool.
- Watched Saturday Night Live with host Lindsay Lohan on HuluPlus.
- Pulled out a new knitting project and tried to figure out the pattern. It involves lace so it may be over my head.
- Took Adelaide to daycare. Yay! – home alone to get things done.
- Caught up on dishes
- Wrote a letter
- Worked on quilt border while watching The View
- Wrote and published a blog post
- Cleaned up bedroom while watching Super Bad and pulled some clothes to donate to Goodwill
- Picked up Adelaide from daycare and played with her while Tim made dinner – she’s so giggly and fun right now
- Watched The Bachelor while continuing to work on my quilt border